Proposed Bylaw Changes
- It saves us money.
- It allows the Association to officially conduct our business in a valid Membership meeting.
- It corrects an unreasonably high threshold, which is not common nowadays.
- Bylaws Article II Section 2.10 - Informal Action by Owners - 100% must be in favor
- Bylaws Article III Section 3.2 - Election - highest number of votes in a valid meeting or by mail in ballot.
- Bylaws Article III Section 3.4 - Removal - board members can be removed with or without cause by 2/3 of voting members.
- Bylaws Article III Section 3.9 Managing Agent - ⅔ of voting members
- Bylaws Article VI Section 6.3 Special Assessments ⅔ of voting members in a special meeting
- Bylaws Article VIII Article 8.2 - Adoption - Bylaws may be changed by not less than a majority of eligible members at a meeting at which quorum is obtained – Note to Members: This requirement to amend the Bylaws is not decreasing. If members agree to amend the Bylaws to decrease the quorum as the Board recommends, the amendment will clarify that the percentage to amend the bylaws remains in its current percentage (i.e. 50% of members must appear at a meeting, and a majority of those must agree to the amendment)